Posted to alt.home.repair
Jack Jack is offline

Default Need Kitchen Sink suggestions ?

grinder wrote:
We are replacing kitchen sink with new drop-in, plain white but can't
decide which type of material to purchase. We want a sink that is
easy to clean and will resist scratches and marks.

We find several types of materials, all of which brag about their
great finish but would like opinions from actual users.

We have a RO unit so must have at least 5 holes cut in the sink for
connecting faucets etc. Can all materials be drilled for these
connections?

We have been told that enamel on cast iron is tough but will show a
mark whenever a pan is placed in the sink??

Other materials show less marks but are subject to scratches??

All opinions and help appreciated.

Been around for 90 yrs and seen a few sinks in my time from Toyko to
Istanbul
My advice, a good grade double deep stainless. Will serve any need
that arises now and in the future. Not cheap exactly but worth ever
penny.
Jack