Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub HeyBub is offline

Default Electrical coupling what's it called?

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
Randy Day wrote:
I'm looking for an electrical coupling to provide 120VAC
to equipment on a rotating platform. The platform can
only turn one way, so it can't have wires up the hub.

Is there a commercial product out there, and if so, what
is it called? None of the electrical places I talked to
knew of anything like this...

Think battery on the turntable. Lot less effort.

If the equipment on the platform uses about 10 amps at 120V and runs
10 to 12 hours a day, what sized battery would you use? Do you think
D cells are big enough?

Well, no. But a boat or truck battery could provide ten amps for five hours.
He'd need ten batteries for 1200 watts.

We don't know what he's building. It might be a simple yard display for
Christmas or a turntable for an automobile at the dealership.

He might even be able to use solar panels. If at night, shine floodlights on
the mechanism.