Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair
Beloved Leader Beloved Leader is offline

Default recycling tv's etc.

aspasia wrote:

Closing anecdote: Years ago I was on (camera) safari in Kenya.
We'd stop at these villages - basically wide places in the road --
and visit the schools. Pathetic facilities; almost no basic supplies
& teaching materials. I just boil, all these years later, thinking of
how materials -- from paper to computers to AV equipment --
are disrespected and WASTED!

Grrr...people should see how the other 1/2 -- or rather 7/8 -- lives.

Aspasia

There were several overhead projectors thrown in the dumpster behind a
branch of my city's public library last week. No one in the school or
library system has any use for them. I assume that they made no effort
whatsoever to find them a good home. I doubt that they even thought of
offering them on Freecycle. If they had, though, it's possible that
whoever took them would turn around and place them on eBay.