Posted to rec.woodworking
George Max George Max is offline

Default Shipping Costs

On 18 Oct 2006 18:39:58 -0700, "Mark Wells"
wrote:

The Other Funk wrote:
Anyway, I am sure that Delta or any other company is not getting rich on
this kind of thing. It does suck if you are paying a lot for a little but
there doesn't seem to way around it.

BTW, Lee Valley, who a lot of people hold up as the "gold standard" in
many categories, charges $7.50 for shipping a $3 part. If you order
$21 of merchanise, then you pay $9.50 in shipping.

Mark

This great if the seller has other stuff you could add to your order
to deal with the shipping cost problem. If I order something from
Amazon, it's easy to add something else to bring my order up. If I'm
getting a part from Delta, Bosch, etc., that's not so easy.

Lots of good info in this thread. I intend to keep it mind the next
time I need a part for a tool. And try to get USPS shipping.