Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby The3rd Earl Of Derby is offline

Default Prefabricated Flues and Coal Effect Gas Fires

Kev wrote:
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

You want an increasing adaptor for the liner.
http://tinyurl.co.uk/10es

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Thanks for that. I have since spoken to an installer and apparantly
there is a limited range available for fitting to a 4 inch pipe so I
will follow that up. My only concern is that knowing how funny gas
regs are would an installer fit a fire designed for a 5 inch flue to
a 4 inch flue. Although it is only 1 inch on diameter that is 36%
reduction in surface area.
I assume that these things are that way for a reason. My symplistic
mind would assume that the gas velocity in a larger diameter flue
would just be less than the smaller diameter flue. The old gas fire
worked perfectly ok.

Kevin

For a gas fire this would be ok,however a stove would require a wider flue
liner 5" to 6".

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite