Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jonathan Pearson Jonathan Pearson is offline

Default Replace Plasterboard in bathroom

mhe Natural Philosopher wrote:
wrote:

No. As long as you do a decent job of tiling, and seal and grout any
cracks, ordinary board whacked up solidly is fine.

Cure those how insist that Aquapanel is the only solution, and those
who insist that nothing less than 3/4" marine ply will do..

Have a look at wickes' good idea leaflet 54 (and 122 - to start with) - as
www.wickes.co.uk , it covers most of the OP's questions

Although I didn't use aquapanel in my bath area (we don't use it for
showers) , we did use it in the sepetate shower area. Whether on not you use
it is upto you - but if your using your bath for showers then I'd go for it,
even if you aquapanel upto 0.9m all way round the bath (rest plasterboard),
you'll still have change from £50.

Jon