Posted to rec.woodworking
Robert Krecak Robert Krecak is offline

Default Plywood for utility trailer.

Use 3/4" pressure treated plywood. It holds up very well to water, heavy
weight, dragging something across it etc. Don't paint it, leave the surface
raw. I've had pressure treated plywood trailer bottoms last for over 15
years.

Bob
"Robatoy" wrote in message
ups.com...
I couldn't resist. Gloatable. HAD to buy it. All metal in excellent
condition, new(er) tires, lights, wiring all in tip-top
condition...BUT....
The previous owner had built a box from??
.
.
.
wait for it
.
.
.
flake board. (OSB without the nice binders..like cheap, aspenite)
It appears to have started out at 3/4", now WELL over 1 1/2".. swollen
somewhat..and totally delaminated.
The whole box came apart with a snow shovel.
Now... for new material. What do we like? (No, Lew, NOT mahogany marine
ply G)

I'm open to suggestions, even those including a painted finish of some
sort. Doesn't have to be pretty.

TIA!