Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Dembroge Mike Dembroge is offline

Default Delta mortiser question

I have a similar model and on mine, the manual says to adjust the tension of
the mechanism so that you can raise the carriage with a little effort. You
should be able to adjust the friction of the carriage, thus adjust the
amount of force necessary to raise and lower the carriage.

Mike in Alameda

"Mike in Arkansas" wrote in message
ups.com...
Just finished assembly of my new 14-651 Delta mortiser. Amazon $249.00
-$25.00 (purchase of 150 or more) - $50.00 Delta rebate, free shipping.
Question is about the Hydraulic cylinder that mounts on studs between
the base and carriage. Is the purpose of it to raise the motor to the
top or just counter balance it so it doesn't drop on it's own? Mine
doesn't automatically raise the motor when I let go of the handle and
I'm wondering if I have a bad part. In fact the motor assembly is
suprisingly hard to re-raise. The further I lower it, the harder it is
to raise. Thanks, Mike