Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default A Bit OT - Satellite & Terrestrial TV in West Cork, Ireland

In article om, Dave
Liquorice writes
On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 18:31:52 +0100, Adrian wrote:

Bigger dish required!. See also

http://www.astra2d.co.uk

Not a useful URL that...

Oh dear! seems its gone tits up, was a very useful site with reports of
Sky reception all over Europe.. Perhaps sky got them to take it down?..

Does a 'too small' dish explain why there's the difference in signal
strength between the two channels ?

By the the "two channels" I take it you mean the two independant ouputs
from the LNB. They should be pretty much the same. I suspect your
professional cowboys haven't aligned the thing properly, did they use a
signal meter of some sort to do the alignment?

http://www.brittany-satellites.com/astra_footprint.php

Shows the footprint for the various beams. IMHO a properly aligned Zone 1
(the smaller of the two) minidish should be fine, Zone 2 would be better.

Very much so...
--
Tony Sayer