Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren Oren is offline

Default Proper outlet orientation

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 03:08:11 GMT, CJT wrote:

Oren wrote:

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 21:14:32 -0500, Mark Lloyd
wrote:

I have one outlet in each of several rooms that are switched outlets
for lamps. These are oriented opposite the other outlets in the same
rooms (cowgirl position - thanks for the nugget). At a fast glance I
can tell it is switched (builder made). Other homes, switched like
this were all oriented all the same, but the builder put a sticker on
the plastic cover plate - I guess to indicate the switched outlet.

That what about outlets that are HALF switched?

You lost me in three words, but... one plug is hot an the other
switched????? .

Sure. Why not?

You don't know I don't do "electric", so be advised please.

--
Oren