Posted to alt.home.repair
Tazz Tazz is offline

Default Cost of electrician

Another thing to think about is that an electrical contractor going to
a supplier for years on end typically gets a discount on materials
purchased. Even after a mark up it can beat the price of a homeowner
getting to Home depot.

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 18:36:53 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

RBM wrote:
I have to disagree. I think you are better off finding someone honest
and competent. Reputable contractors make their livelihood by
charging for a combination of labor and material profits.

But not the same in other industries. At a General Motors dealership, the
service profit-bucket is not connected to the parts profit-bucket. They are
more than happy to use customer-supplied parts.