Posted to alt.home.repair
Randy Day Randy Day is offline

Default Electrical coupling what's it called?

BobK207 wrote:
Randy Day wrote:

I'm looking for an electrical coupling to provide 120VAC
to equipment on a rotating platform. The platform can
only turn one way, so it can't have wires up the hub.

Is there a commercial product out there, and if so, what
is it called? None of the electrical places I talked to
knew of anything like this...

You said "the platform can only turn one way, so it can't have wires
up the hub."

this sentence is unclear.......turning one way does not preclude

My apologies.

putting wires up through the hib

Eventually they'd twist off.

Does the platform do continuous 360's? Like display platform? Like
the turret in a tank?

Exactly like that.

If yes, you need a "slip ring"

Google will now be my friend!

These are very seldom used & most elctrivcal house's won't stock thme

So I've been finding out...

Thanks.