Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.hvac

Default How to store window A/Cs?

I had a couple friends who did that. The weight mashed the fins on
back of the unit, and was a PIA to get em straightened out. Bad
storage technique.

I admit, they don't stack very well. Have to put a board on the top,
back, to make em stack fairly level.

--

Christopher A. Young
You can't shout down a troll.

"Don Wiss" wrote in message
I have a couple of Panasonic window air conditioners that I have
stored for
several years with the front panels facing upwards. I switched to
central
air a few years ago and I'm trying to get rid of them. I found one
fellow
interested, but he and his brother claim that the way I have stored
them
has caused irreparable damage. Something about the refrigerant eating
through the tubing and could cause leaking. This is new info to me!
The
units are about six years old, and are the ones with the electronic
controls in the CW-XC series.

Is there any basis to their claim?

Don www.donwiss.com (e-mail link at home page bottom).