Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Greg G. Greg G. is offline

Default Lathe Control Pod (kinda off topic)

Salmo said:

I'm into electronics a bit, so I really envy people who can do neat layout
and design work (that works and are willing to share - i.e. you could be
marketing this controller :O)

I considered that very thing, but it would require bundling an
interface and software with the pod, and the customer would have to
own a computer in close proximity to the lathe for programming the
controller. I guess all that's doable, but I don't own any Chinese
factories either. As evidenced by their nearly total domination on
store shelves, no one will buy a product unless it is produced by a
poor, polluted, despotic country.

Greg G.