Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
[email protected] rthniles@yahoo.com is offline

Default A commercial message -- a new product

George wrote:
"Save, of course the pin chuck. Pretty, but outta my price league,
and won't
hold the blank to do the mortise like the pin will."

First I'd like to say I saw this drive center in TX and am quite
impressed with the whole design. Personally, if I'm turning a heavy
bowl blank, having the center screwed on to the spindle seems to be the
most secure. As to the one posted that fits into your chuck, I know
someone who used it and it worked perfect........until it started
slipping in the jaws and he had to keep retightening it while working
because the steady banging when rounding the larger blanks.

George, what "pin chuck" are you referring to? Just curious.

Ruth
www.torne-lignum.com