Posted to alt.home.repair
Suzie-Q Suzie-Q is offline

Default How muddy is too muddy? (Plumbing)

In article ,
Goedjn wrote:

- On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 06:10:17 GMT, Suzie-Q
- wrote:
-
- My plumbing pipes run in the crawl space under my house. Recently
- a pipe broke and flooded the crawl space. I turned off the water
- and pumped out the crawl space. I also put a fan down there to help
- (albeit not much) to dry the space out. The pipe that burst is at
- the far end of the house, about as far from the access "hole" as
- you can get. It's under the kitchen.
-
- Meanwhile, the plumbers keep telling me it's too muddy for them to
- fix the pipe. I said, "part of the job, getting muddy." They said
- it's too muddy for them to do whatever they have to do to fix the
- pipe, implying that the tools or whatever would slip or sink or
- something.
-
- I'm hoping someone here can tell me if they're really being honest
- with me or they're just putting me off. They've already told me they're
- very busy -- they've had to fire a couple of guys. And my repair won't
- be a high-profit job.
-
-
- What difference does it make? If they don't feel like doing it,
- they're not going to do it. You could always do it yourself.

Well, that was helpful.
--
8^\~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~