Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Gerard Gerard is offline

Default Help with Nova DVR:"FAULT RP state error 0".

"George" wrote:

"ias" wrote in message
oups.com...
Nova DVR users ... please help!

I am getting the following error message on my Nova DVR: "FAULT RP
state error 0". I downloaded a FAQ page from the Nova (Teknatool) web
site and followed the instructions to the letter ... However, the
problem persists.

There is never a good time for technical difficulties, but
unfortunately timing couldn't be worse. I am right in the middle of
finishing a few piece which are scheduled to go on gallery display in
two weeks and so I am feeling pretty desperate for an urgent fix.

Gerard has given you a place, and there you will also find the number of Tim
Geist there. He's the US Teknatool service representative.

Unfortunately, electronics are very much like the little girl with the curl,
and today she's being horrid. Tim can get a replacement board to you if a
shot of compressed air or some dry weather won't suffice.

Disregard the braying in the other post. Last week he was criticizing
mechanical means of speed control.

Found also this on the internet:

The optical sensors that give the spindle position feedback (ŚRotor
Positioną State) are obscured, damaged or have been disconnected. Dust over
a long period of time may have settled on the sensors. Firstly spin the
spindle by hand to create a draught through the sensors. Re-try the motor.
If the error remains, with the power switched off and disconnected, remove
the upper-rear guard and remove any wood dust with a vacuum cleaner. Avoid
getting the nozzle too close to the filter and electronics. After this step
dust may fall into the Headstock so suck the dust out through the vent at
the front of the Headstock under the spindle. Do this sequence a few times.
Try blowing if available with Vacuum or Air gun. Replace guard.

Comes from:
http://www.teknatool.com/products/La...DVR%203000%20M
anual_17%20November%2003.pdf

Suc6!