Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair

Default recycling tv's etc.

HeyBub wrote:

David Nebenzahl wrote:

It is what it is. I have two TV's, a cordless phone and a couple of
other things - all saved from the waste stream.

Did you get all that from Freecycle?

In my neighborhood, we have "heavy trash" pickup once a month. I call it
"foraging night." In addition to a shop-vac, a recliner, and other goodies,
my prize is a WW2 jerry can. It's a military five-gallon gas can and is in
perfect shape. What makes this one so neat is the stencil on the bottom:

09-44 IIIArmy

You can Google for the exploits of the US 3rd Army in September 1944. This
very gas can may have helped liberate the 101st Airborne at Bastonge in
December 1944. Who knows?

Not very likely. Most of the low cost types of equipment was left
behind because it cost more to bring it back, than the cost to replace
it. It was probably being readied to be shipped overseas and never made
it. Millions of dollars worth of military gear was sold for pennies on
the dollar at the end of WW II, because they no longer needed it, and
the cost to build warehouses for long term storage would have cost more
than it was worth.

--
My sig file can beat up your sig file!