Bernd

Default Parts 3 and 4 of homebrew bandsaw is now on website

"Glenn Lyford" wrote in message
. ..

-------------------------- SNIP -------------------------
Given all that, you may find buying a used unit to be less
of a hassle. Do what some of the repair guys do, and buy
several you see listed as "broken, cheap" on the tag
sale or flea market circuit (especially in the off season),
and combine the best of the 2 or 3 machines you end up
with, and maybe a new motor...

My $0.02,
--Glenn Lyford

As I said I'm thinking of something in the 2 to 3 foot dia. range.
Your point is well taken on the aspect of throwing the snow. I used to
have a Massey 12hp tractor with a thrower on it. It was single stage.
Just an auger and the chute was in the center. It did get plugged on
wet snow and was a pain to clean out. I like the rotory blade better
because I can make something like that. The auger type would be to
hard to make. Since I'm into railroading as a hobby also I have
pictures and drawings of the rotory plows they used on the narrow
gauge lines in the Rockies. A study of these drawing could posibly be
scaled down.
I'm in the process of developing an idea for a tracked vehicle with a
blower on it. I plan on posting it as I make some mesurable progress
on it.

Regards,
Bernd