Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] snoopy_@excite.com is offline

Default Advice on brand of caulk? Mine has failed twice.

Yes, everything is rock solid and stable. I did however use a lot of
caulk :-( I don't normally, but it failed so poorly the last time I
went with the more is better route. I laid a thick bead down, then
slid the panels in place over it. Then swipe the bead via a wet and
soapy finger. Everything is brand new so mold is not a problem, but I
did clean away old caulk with a razor, then scrubbed with bleach and
then alcohol. I was wondering if grout would bind to the plastic....
Also, I thought this polyseamseal was silicone....?

Sev wrote:
Just a thought- there is no movement of the unit when people step in
it, right? Install is secure?