Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair

Default recycling tv's etc.

JW wrote:

On 17 Oct 2006 06:36:10 -0700 wrote in Message id:
. com:

I see no reason why the plastic and occasional metal casings can't be
recycled. The rest can go into an incinerator.

Somehow, the thought of incinerating lead does not make me comfortable.
Not to mention the toxic gases from the electronic bits.

Printed circuit boards have been burnt to recover the metals in EPA
licensed ovens for decades. The metal vapor condenses in the stack,
then the metals are separated chemically. A Japanese company has a
patent for a process that shreds scrap fiberglass PC boards, then
dissolves the metals in acid. The scrap fiberglass is washed, and mixed
with raw fiberglass to make things like sinks and bathtubs.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida