Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan Joseph Meehan is offline

Default Advice on brand of caulk? Mine has failed twice.

wrote:
I am in the process of re-doing two bathrooms. I needed to quickly
get at least one shower working so I installed an acrylic tub and a
tub surround. I caulked the thing once using ployseamseal tub & tile
caulk, but it failed. I figured I hadn't given the caulk enough time
to cure, so I took everything apart, cleand everything with bleach and
alcohol. Then I put it all back together, re-caluked, let cure for 48
hours, and it's failing again. There is six people in my family so I
am now thinking that that many showers in the morning is killing the
caulk job. Any recommendations on better brands of caulk?

In my experience caulk failure is usually the result of poor surface
prep. Everything must be clean and dry. Note: Bleach will kill mold, but
is does not clean anything. All traces of the old caulk must be removed.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit