Posted to rec.woodworking
david blumberg david blumberg is offline

Default Curved chair backs- compass plane?

I am a scrapaholic...scraped every bit of the dining table, hi chairs,
and other furniture in the house. I have web access on FW; i'll check
that out, thanks..

david

Lowell Holmes wrote:
"david blumberg" wrote in message
link.net...

lowell, thanks for the suggestion. I had not heard of that technique
before...

david

Issues 90 and 91 of Woodwork magazine feature articles on making a Craftsman
style rocking chair. The techniques are shown in those articles. Sometimes
hand tools are easier and quicker to use. I use both hand and power tools.

I never mentioned that we use scrapers as well. A well prepared scraper will
remove a lot of wood, leaving a smooth surface.

It's nice to have the option of which technique to use. :-)

I'll post a photo of a recent chair I made in abpw newsgroup.