Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair

Default recycling tv's etc.

" wrote:

For an excellent resource for connecting people who have usable items
they don't want with people who would like to have them, check out
www.freecycle.org. It's set up as a way to keep things out of
landfills, when possible.

Freecycle is great, if your local group isn't fully moderated and
operated by Nazis.

The local group is run that way. The moderators kick people off left
and right, for breaking their latest unwritten rules. If you get
multiple requests for something, no matter who you choose, they object
to your choice. Its supposed to go to the first request. Its to go to
the person who needs it the most. Its supposed to go to someone who
checks the list once a month, then complains she has never received
anything from the group, even though it was picked up two weeks before
she replied to the offer. You can't give it to someone who gives lots of
things away, because they can't possibly need it, and on and on.

I gave away a lot of stuff, and got some computer scrap, but when I
asked if anyone had any empty ink cartridges so I could refill the to
test a couple printers, I was banned for life. Then I got several nasty
e-mails from the two moderators who accused me of everything but being
white. They made threats, and accused me of having a flea market
business and selling over 100 working computers that I supposedly
received through the group. I am 100% disabled, and get to the flea
market about twice a year. Just be careful.

There is no Craig's list for my area, but I am trying to get enough
people to request it.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell