Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
marc rosen marc rosen is offline

Default Respirator recommendations

I second the recommendation for Survivair. I think they are
manufactured by the same company that makes US Divers SCUBA equipmnet
(founded partially by Jacques Coustea).
The organic filters really work and you can gang mount filters too-
dust filter beofre organic filter, for example. The head straps adjust
easily. In spite of the recommendations not to grow a beard they seem
to work well with my furry face because they seal under the chin/jaw
area very well
Marc

wrote:
look up Lab Safety Supply
something on the order of a silicone half mask is good.
Survivair was the last brand I bought.
different cartriges for different work
organic vapors for paint solvents
welding mist and fume for most dusts
blueman wrote:

Key features include:
- General purpose protection against most solvents and particles
- Comfortable fit plus easy to put-on/take-off
- Affordable (including affordable replacement cartridges)

Any recommendations?
How critical is sizing and individual comfort here? (the local Home
Depot seems to stock only the cheapo disposable masks and I don't know
where to go to "try on" and compare different ones)

Should I buy a separate less bulky "woodworker's" respirator to protect me from
dust and a separate cartridge one to protect from fumes or am I just
fine with an all-purpose one?

Thanks