Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair

Default recycling tv's etc.

spake thus:

For an excellent resource for connecting people who have usable items
they don't want with people who would like to have them, check out
www.freecycle.org. It's set up as a way to keep things out of
landfills, when possible.

Don't want to rain on your parade, but no, it's not an excellent
resource, at least from my experience. It seems to be full of messages
from nice, well-intentioned middle-class folks who are concerned about
finding a good home for the rest of that package of paper plates, or
whatever. It is available, but be prepared for disappointment. (Plus, I
don't care for the way it's implemented as a whole bunch of Google
groups, but that's a different complaint.)

--
"In 1964 Barry Goldwater declared: 'Elect me president, and I
population into concentration camps and turn the country into a

- Characterization (paraphrased) of the 1964 Goldwater/Johnson
presidential race by Professor Irwin Corey, "The World's Foremost
Authority."