Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
[email protected] bamboo@localnet.com is offline

Default Respirator recommendations

look up Lab Safety Supply
something on the order of a silicone half mask is good.
Survivair was the last brand I bought.
different cartriges for different work
organic vapors for paint solvents
welding mist and fume for most dusts
blueman wrote:
Looking for a good all-purpose respirator to save me from the variety
of particulates, solvents and fumes I encounter as I repair and/or build things
around my house. (I am now ready to graduate from disposable dust masks
and respirators)

Key features include:
- General purpose protection against most solvents and particles
- Comfortable fit plus easy to put-on/take-off
- Affordable (including affordable replacement cartridges)

Any recommendations?
How critical is sizing and individual comfort here? (the local Home
Depot seems to stock only the cheapo disposable masks and I don't know
where to go to "try on" and compare different ones)

Should I buy a separate less bulky "woodworker's" respirator to protect me from
dust and a separate cartridge one to protect from fumes or am I just
fine with an all-purpose one?

Thanks