Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
bill bill is offline

Default A commercial message -- a new product

Leo:

I think with a little care there shouldn't be a problem because of the
aluminum. Remember that the back beds against the flat on the spindle.
Also there is a rebate at the end of the thread which indexes on the
unthreaded end of the spindle. The threads are just there to get it to
the point where it locks and then there really isn't much in the way of
force on them.

If one is worried, one could use a little lubrication on the threads
which isn't a bad idea, maybe for any threaded accessory.

The blades are threaded not the aluminum body. So, the blades lock in
at one location. In other words, the blades are pulled against the body
rather than pushed against it. That way there is no chance of them
flying out unexpectedly.

The center point is held in by a grub screw and there is plenty of
length for whatever extension one is comfortable with.

Bill

wrote:
Hi Bill

Looks like a nice product Bill

I guess every blade is adjustable and replaceable ?? as is the center
pin.

There's only one question mark so to speak in my mind, the aluminium
might be a problem if one is to install and remove the spur center a
lot, as I'm sure you are aware of that aluminium does like to cease up
if one's not careful.

Is it possible to install an insert made from steel or other, and then
in different thread configurations, as is done with the better wood
chucks ?? Yes it will make for a larger product, but would that hurt
??, also considering only the insert would have to be made for all the
different threads, just a thought.

Anyway good luck with your product, and thanks for giving woodturners
another weapon in their arsenal so to speak, to have and use.

Have fun and take cxare
Leo Van Der Loo

Bill Rubenstein wrote:
All:

This is a commercial message.

I've developed a new product and think that it could be of interest to
many turners who own lathes with a 1 1/4 x 8 spindle.

If you own one of these, please take a look at
http://www.stubbylatheusa.com/Produc...enterFlyer.pdf

This drive center is made here and is the first of what I hope will be a
small product line of superior items. I've been frustrated by products
on the market which clearly have not been used by their manufacturers or
where the manufacturers just don't seem to understand what we want and need.

Bill Rubenstein
Stubby Lathe USA, Inc.
Web: www.stubbylatheusa.com
Email: