Posted to rec.woodworking
Rick's Cabinet Shop Rick's Cabinet Shop is offline

Default pretty good (not outstanding) deal on 24" besseys

This is probably a really dumb question, so go easy on me.. I've been
earning a living from cabinet making for 4 years now and I've looked at
Bessey clamps a million times in the store. I pass on them every once I
look at the price tag. Right now I use 3/4" pipe clamps and Bessy "f" body
clamps. I know when I glue up door panels I have to make sure the pressure
is right in the center of the screw and I alternate clamps on the top /
bottom of glue up to keep pressure even. My question is, are these things
really worth the money, and will they make my life easier?

--
Rick Nagy
Johnstown, PA

- Remove nospam to email me
Be sure to check out my website at
http://www.rickscabinetshop.com
"bf" wrote in message
oups.com...
Amazon has 24" Besseys for 27.96.. If you order $150 worth of tools,
the SAVEMORE coupon knocks $25 off..

So you could order 6 24" Besseys and with the coupon, it comes to
roughly 23.80 each.

Or if you need help rationalizing, order 5 Bessys and something for
$10.20 or more that you "would've had to buy anyway".. Then you can
rationalize that they only cost 22.96 each

Yeah, there's been better deals in the past, but this one is good if
you need them soon.