Posted to alt.home.repair,free.uk.trade.plumbing,pdaxs.services.plumbing
Ken Moiarty Ken Moiarty is offline

Default Question about water pressure in relation to valve and feeder pipe diameters...

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
. com...

snip Volume and velocity is what you need.

Increased volume and velocity of the water _exiting of the shower head_
is what I want (what I "only need" is nobody's concern here). This is not
to be confused with velocity of flow in the supply pipe (i.e. the copper
pipe in the wall), which by itself has nothing to do with the velocity at
which water will exit the shower head. While the _velocity_ of the same or
similar quantity of water exiting the shower head may well be increased by a
low flow shower head (which I'm simply not interested in here for my own
reasons not related to anything being discussed here), there's no logical
reason to believe that volume (or quantity of water delivered per second)
will increase without an increase in supply pipe pressure.
And besides, if somehow a low flow shower head were to somehow result in
an increase in volume (quantity of water delivered per second) that would
only fly counter to the reason for the existence of "low flow" shower heads,
which is, to decrease (not increase) water consumption. So either you
are so bent on promoting water conservation devices that you'll say
anything, however confused, to get others to buy into the sales hype, or you
are someone who has succumbed to becoming confused by such hype yourself.

I have personal experience with this.

Then tell us your experience. I'd like to know the particulars about it, as
opposed to only what you've personally come to conclude 'in lieu of' it,
please.

TIA,
Ken