Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair

Default recycling tv's etc.

"Al Bundy" wrote in message

I saw some show on TV a bit back where in some poor country they get
mountains of junk electronics appliances (locally or on barges, don't
recall exactly) and poor locals pick through them getting specs of all
kinds of stuff to raise a few bucks.

I guess there is some money to be made from them. I know of a plant being
built in Florida that will specialize in recycling electronics. Used to be
some gold in the connectors but I think much has been eliminated.

There must be a lot of bulk in that stuff. I'm just thinking of my personal
use over the last 15 - 20 years or so. I'm on my fifth monitor, at least
the fourth computer (some were upgraded in the same case), three printers
moved on, two TVs. Makes for a fair amount of bulk for just one person.