Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default Rewiring and junction boxes

On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 11:19:32 -0400, Goedjn wrote:

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 17:52:20 -0500, "Tim Fischer"
wrote:

"Chris Lewis" wrote in message
According to Tim Fischer :

Accessible doesn't necessarily mean _visible_. Accessible means
that it can be "got at" without removing permanent parts of the
building.

True. But he's gonna have a hard time hiding a box every 6-12 feet near
ceiling level. I guess I'm picturing blank covers all over the place...

If you're gonna put J boxes up, you might as well stick outlets
in them. Ceiling level outlet are occasionally handy.

Yes, as are outlets at switch height. They don't get hidden behind
things as easily as those close to the floor, and are easier to reach.

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"God was invented by man for a reason, that
reason is no longer applicable."