Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Bill Bill is offline

Default Close One

On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 20:02:42 +0100, Woodborg wrote:

Hi
I was just turning a old piece of wood, looking for the diamond in the
rough trying to turn it into a bowl. I had rough shaped the outside,
with two smallish holes to add some character. I then re-chucked and
started on the inside....
It's a nice evening to be playing in the shed, the dog was sitting in
the door way taking in the air when a large peice broke off, clear the
dogs head by a few inches and land about 13 metres from the lathe
across the garden.
I was just wondering if anyone has had any near misses like my dog and
who has managed the greatest distance for flying wood from the lathe
Mark

I work in my basement. It's only about 9 meters long and has a relatively
low ceiling. While some of my pieces have probably covered about as much
distance as you describe, I was too busy ducking to measure! ;-)