Posted to rec.woodworking
alexy alexy is offline

Default Glue Creep - Was Bent Lamination

"Teamcasa" wrote:

Below is an interesting thread on glue creep.
In furniture making or general woodworking I have never experienced glue
creeping after the glue has set. Yet others (below) have or are concerned
about it.
Has anyone ever seen this situation (other than structural adhesives or
severe heat/abuse)?

Dave

Interesting. Thanks for creating a new thread for this, Dave. The
context in which I have seen the discussion most is in the
recommendation of plastic resin (urea formaldehyde) glue for bent
laminations, in which sheer forces ARE significant, and there is no
mechanical joint to keep the joint from moving if the glue allows
creep.

When I get a chance, I will run a test with laminations glued with
different glues, to see what kind of results I get. Will report back
here.