Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Restoring parquet flooring

On 2006-10-17 19:14:07 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"

On 2006-10-16 20:52:04 +0100, "The Medway Handyman"
said:

HLAH wrote:

I would lightly sand it down to clean wood and then finish with
traditional Bourne Seal. Maintain with a water based acrylic polish.
They (ICI or whoever owned the brand) used to make a Bourne Seal

Cuprinol. Still called Bourne Seal. Or Original Bourne Seal.

branded one but there seems no trace of it now. There must be an
equivalent out there.

Techniocally known as an oleo resinous seal. Great stuff, actually
penetrates the surface rather than forming a coating on top, so its
great for wood floors that are splintering etc.

But it is shiny I believe ........

Hmmm. Not especially, more of a sheen.

OK. The reason for highlighting it was my preference for matt,
natural and maintainable finishes and the OP felt the same.