Posted to misc.consumers.house
KLS KLS is offline

Default snow blower recommendation

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 22:33:43 -0600, Rick Blaine
wrote:

"mrsgator88" wrote:

How about a cheap ugly pickup with a plow in front?

I actually thought about suggesting that! Be cheaper than that trac drive Honda
blower. Brilliant minds think alike, I guess. Just make sure it has a working
4WD...

Or you could do what a coworker did for years: her husband put a
small plow blade on the front of her Subaru Legacy wagon, and she
would plow out their driveway every morning. The driveway was not
only really long (almost a tenth of a mile), but also very steep, with
a 20 or 30 degree grade. Worked well, last I knew, but now they're
using a decommissioned military Jeep Wrangler for that job.