Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jim Land Jim Land is offline

Default Filter to remove AM radio from telephone lines

"Homer J Simpson" wrote in news:WqYYg.17305$P7.12287
@edtnps90:

"mm" wrote in message

I have a standard POTS line for a phone and if the extensions in the
basement and main bedroom are plugged in, the phones in the kitchen
and office play WBAL AM radio, 1090.

Grab a ferrite clip around filter.

http://www.evertek.com/viewpart.asp?auto=22360

Does anyone know whether a ferrite RFI filter like this (the kind that
goes around a cable) also attenuates voltage spikes?

Seems I recall that a typical spike lasts about a microsecond, so the
fequencies involved would be a megahertz and above, so it seems like it
might work. (Just thinking about adding them to my surge protectors.)