Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Please help diagnose electrical problem

On 16 Oct 2006 16:24:34 -0700, "Terry" wrote:

On Oct 16, 6:50 pm, "parangles" wrote:
A cheap fan light bulb separated between the base and glass and shorted
when I was unscewing it.
Now I am not getting power at the bulb or in the wall switch.
None of the breakers appeared to be tripped and anyway I switched them
all off
and on but still no power.
Whats up ? Am I right in assuming that its a breaker, and if so how can

You could have the part of the lamp still in the base. Does the fan
work?

A couple days ago, I spent ten minutes trying to get a spark plug into
the engine. Eventually I climbed on the engine and was able to stick
my fingers in far enough to reaize there was still a plug there.
Someone had come by while I was working and talking to him ruined my
routine.