Posted to alt.home.repair
Eigenvector Eigenvector is offline

Default Pounding under the sink continued

"Adam Preble" wrote in message
Speedy Jim wrote:
Does the faucet have a spray wand?
If so, either the diverter valve (located in the base of the faucet)
is bad or else the wand itself can be the cause.

If it's the diverter, replacing it may be easier than
ripping out the faucet. The wand is even easier.
Go to the Mfr web site support section for info
on how-to and what parts.

Jim

The diverter is bad; the spray wand doesn't deliver water at much pressure
at all. I tried to replace the wand and it didn't help.

I can't unscrew the top of the faucet from its base. I've been through
this before, but started to restrain myself when thoughts drifted to
Dremeling between the top and bottom parts of the faucet based to
hopefully dislodge it enough.

Is there some kind of silver bullet for loosening those up? I tried a
plumber's wrench, but it was looking like I'd rip the whole faucet out
rather than loosen the top half.

I had a faucet in my sink that needed to be replaced. Turns out it was one
of those single pipe jobbies where the faucet turned but didn't actually
come off. I eventually took a hacksaw to the brass and cut the goddamn
thing out and bought a nice new modern one that easily installed and only
requires the water supply hoses to come off for removal.