Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Homer J Simpson Homer J Simpson is offline

Default Filter to remove AM radio from telephone lines

"mm" wrote in message

I have a standard POTS line for a phone and if the extensions in the
basement and main bedroom are plugged in, the phones in the kitchen
and office play WBAL AM radio, 1090.

Can I make a simple filter to get rid of this? What size capacitor
would I use (in parallel with the phone I presume)?

Would I need a coil? I have lots of coils I have cut out of old tv's
etc, but the rating of the coil is usually not written on them, or at
least not legible.

It turns out that the phone company will provide a filter for free,
but they charge for a half-hour service call, which is like 70 or 80
dollars these days.

Grab a ferrite clip around filter.

http://www.evertek.com/viewpart.asp?auto=22360