Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn Goedjn is offline

Default Space heater with POWERFUL fan

On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 17:09:08 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

"Mike S." wrote in message

The need is for the heater to get the bathroom warmed up _fast_, which
means it must blow a lot of air around the room within only a few minutes.
I'm frankly getting tired of standing in the middle of the room with a
handheld hair dryer .... but _that_ works.

No amount of air volume or velocity will heat the air any faster than the
heater can give off heat. Youneed more h eat, or a longer heating time.
Try using a small 10" box fan and see if that helps bbefore you invest in
equipmetn that is no better than what you have.

The latest attempt was with the Vornado heater which claims to create a
vortex which causes air to circulate throughout the room. That it does ...
the toilet paper rustles from around the corner - but unfortunately that
vortex doesn't contain enough high velocity air to instantly heat the
whole room.

No 1500 watt heater will be instant. Consider an infrared aimed right at
you. They tend to feel instant.

If your water heater has the capacity, running the shower at
it's hottest setting will dump a lot of heat into the room
fairly quickly, and heat the surface you're standing on, too.

I find that if I turn the shower on first thing as I enter
the bathroom, and pull the curtain, by the time I actually
get INTO the shower, the stall is a fairly comfortable.

If you need better than that, I think you're going to
have to start heating the bathroom all the time.

Or let someone else go first.