Nigel

Default Freezer - what to check before resorting to repair man - advice needed

I have a tall upright Scandinova freezer. It's about 6 years old and upto
recently has been excellent.

During the heatwave this summer, it struggled, and the red warning light
came on and the contents started to thaw. At first I tried turning the
thermostat upto max but with little improvement. In the end I resorted to
fast freeze.

Last night I noticed that ice cream was frozen solid and then that the fast
freeze was still on. I turned it off thinking that as the hot weather was
over it would be okay.

This afternoon I noticed that the freezer was virtually defrosted.

Obviously, something is wrong, but are there any things I can check before
making a costly call to a repair man.

Door seals are excellent.

Compressor is running but it is very hot - is this normal - it is very
uncomfortable to touch.

Metal grill and pipework on back are room temperature.

Any ideas gratefully received.

Cheers,

Nigel