Posted to rec.woodworking
Jesse R Strawbridge Jesse R Strawbridge is offline

Default sewing desk plans

speedbuggy wrote:
Anyone know of a good sewing machine desk plan. I have googled a lot and
found nothing like what the mother-in-law would like. She want one that
looks like a regular style office desk and the machine fold in to the top.
While the machine is folded away you can use it as a desk. All of the ones I
have seen either fold completely up and serve no purpose or have some type
of lift )rockler plan) the you would end up smashing you knees on when you
use it as a desk. My mom had on when I was a kid, it was pretty slick.

Thanks

As a woodworker who also sews, your M-I-L might like the lift type, just
built longer with a knee space when closed. Sewing takes up a lot of
space. A storage/file cabinet on casters that fit in the space would be
an option or just use the space to store the chair when not in use.

You might get some ideas at

[http://www.stitchingpost.com/product...ewmate_ii.htm]

Jess.S