Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] noelogara@hotmail.com is offline

Default Drain Central Heating System

Barnsey wrote:
I need to drain the system down to do some pipe work to move an
upstairs radiator but i have not got any draining points. I'm told a
quick way is to remove a downstairs radiator screw on some kind of
valve to the radiator feed pipe and fix a hose to the other end.
Despite looking i have never seen such a valve, can anyone tell me if
they exist and where to get one.

close the feed valve first, then close off all the rad valves including
the one you want to work on so the rads dont drain out, then perpare to
open the line with a five gallon plastic drum ready to stick into the
pipe to take the water. Find a spot high enough off the floor to do
this and you wont have much of a mess. Have a supply of rags in place
to mop up.
finally open the rad you want to remove and it will drain out the same
way and dont forget to instal a drain valve before you connect up
again. Its only a pound or two.