Posted to uk.d-i-y
Frank McGuire Frank McGuire is offline

Default Water pressure

Sorry, it's 2000 euros - I'm in Ireland - about 1250 sterling.

It'll be an exteral combi (Grant) located on the ground floor just outside
the kitchen.
When I connected a gauge to the tap it reads about 2 bar.
I haven't checked the flow rate yet but I will at the weekend.

What about booster pumps? Would one of these help?

I'm thinking if I install a cold water storage tank(fed from the mains)
alongside the boiler, and connect it to the boiler via a booster pump, would
that work? Obviously there wouldn't be much pressure coming out of the tank
since it's on the ground floor, but would a booster pump suck enough water
out of the tank to feed the boiler?

"charlieB" wrote in message
oups.com...
(I don't want to spend £2000) on a combi boiler only to find it won't
work!

That's alot of cash - is there alot of re-plumbing involved?

Charlie