Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd Mark Lloyd is offline

Default Phone wiring question: RJ11 to RJ45

On Sun, 15 Oct 2006 19:42:08 -0700, David Nebenzahl
wrote:

Reed spake thus:

The confirmed number of people in the known universe who are offended at
the LAN world's usurpation of the RJ-XX terminology now stands at 2. Me
and Bob.

Keep up the good fight Bob. We shall overcome someday.

Now, about the word "modem"; but ... that's another fight for another day

--Reed (old modem jockey)

So, I'm curious: does a modem to you mean a big box with a cable coming
out of it that has a cradle for a telephone receiver? I remember those
from my school daze ...

A modem is a mo and a dem in the same package, considering the fact
that phone lines won't handle TTL levels.

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

"God was invented by man for a reason, that
reason is no longer applicable."