Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike S. Mike S. is offline

Default Space heater with POWERFUL fan

We have a small unheated bathroom and have been using small electric
heaters to make the temperature comfortable when someone takes a shower
(yes, the heater is keep well away from anything wet). Problem is, while
all the small heaters are a nominal 750/1500 watts, they differ greatly on
the amount of air moved. For the most part, they're designed to be quiet -
and that means they don't move that much ear.

The need is for the heater to get the bathroom warmed up _fast_, which
means it must blow a lot of air around the room within only a few minutes.
I'm frankly getting tired of standing in the middle of the room with a
handheld hair dryer .... but _that_ works.

The latest attempt was with the Vornado heater which claims to create a
vortex which causes air to circulate throughout the room. That it does ...
the toilet paper rustles from around the corner - but unfortunately that
vortex doesn't contain enough high velocity air to instantly heat the
whole room.

Any suggestions?