Posted to alt.home.repair
Myxylplyk Myxylplyk is offline

Default Turning off fluorescent light trip GFCI on different ?

ANY flux on the common leg of the curcuit will cause the GFCI to trip down
stream,
assuming you have them wired in series.

"Toller" wrote in message
I have a fluorescent light plugged into and outlet that comes BEFORE a GFCI
outlet on a circuit.
About 5% of the time I turn the light off (I have a switch leg going to
that outlet) the GFCI trips.
It only happens when I have an air filter turned on that is plugged into
the GFCI.

It is not clear to me why turning off the light would affect the GFCI
coming after it. (Yes, I do have the GFCI installed correctly; not
backwards.) Even if there was a ground fault, and I can't see why there
should be one, the GFCI wouldn't see it.

Any ideas?