Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lead paint test?

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
.com...
JoeSpareBedroom spake thus:

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
.com...

JoeSpareBedroom spake thus:

If kids are doing that, the parents are the lowest kind of trash. The
kids should be moved to homes where they are wanted, not ignored. Or,
the babysitter should be doused with gasoline and incinerated, outdoors,
of course.

That's a bit harsh, dontcha think?

Not at all. I wasn't all over my son like a "minder" escorting a
journalist through a Soviet bloc country. But, there was no way he'd be
gnawing on paint. That's simply bull****.

Well, goody for you and your son. But I'm curious why you think that such
behavior is indicative of anything other than the kid's own urges and
idiosyncracies. Do you really think that poor or "unwanted" kids are more
likely to gnaw upon windowsills?

I never mentioned "poor", although lower income families often live in
places which, for any number of reasons, are not well-maintained and contain
more lead problems (peeling paint, for instance). But, you already knew
these things.

Badly supervised kids are an entirely separate subject. No competent parent
allows a kid to chew on painted surfaces, even if it's new wood with only
modern paint on it. If they *do* allow it to happen more than once, it means
they're incompetent.