Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
Richard Henry Richard Henry is offline

Default Should this halogen bulb work off a 24 volt socket?

HiC wrote:

Actually there's a specific reason to use a lower wattage mini-bulb. I need
a less powerful lamp to project a useable image through a diffuser and
condenser lens and bounce it into the camera with a front surface mirror.
Normal projector lamps are too bright.

How about a neutral grey filter?

I was origianlly going to write a warning about testing the new bulb
arrangement before using it on unreplaceable film, to check for melting
or scorching of the film. However, if you are going to a lower power
bulb, and it survives, you shouldn't have that problem.

Another worry: Are you planning to stop the film at each frame to
capture the image? If so, beware of overheating the film. In normal
use, each frame of the film spends a short time stopped for
projection(1/24 second, is that right?) and is only illuminated for a
portion of that time.